Leica Geosystems: Leica ScanStation C5
For organizations entering into laser scanning for as-built and engineering surveys, the affordable Leica ScanStation C5 represents a great starting platform: high performance laser scanner, power supply, data storage, touch screen interface, video camera, and laser plummet all in one instrument.
Users can add additional performance and versatility over time to support expanding client opportunities. Leica ScanStation C5 owners can easily add longer range, even faster scan speed, high-accuracy dual-axis compensation for standard survey workflows, and a high-resolution internal camera for color mapping.
- Range Option: Range extension from 35m to 300m increases fields of application and reduces the number of setups in a project.
- Speed Option: Boost the scan rate from 25.000 pts/sec to 50.000 pts/sec and optimize your poductivity by reducing field time.
- Camera Option: Enable the integrated streaming video camera to take high-resolution color images for photo-realistic point cloud texture mapping.
- Compensator Option: Add online dual-axis compensation to your scan process for automatic level correction and convenient field setup features. The Leica ScanStation C5 is the only scanner where users can start with excellent entry-level capabilities and add additional features over time – all the way up to the highest set of capabilities packed into any single laser scanner instrument. Users can take advantage of surveyor-friendly, onboard total station-like control or use an external laptop for even more powerful, onsite viewing and data processing.
- Versatile Platform: Leica ScanStation C5 starts with all-in-one portability, a full 360º x 270º field-of-view, high accuracy, low-noise scan data, good range (35m @5% reflectivity), and high scan speed (25k pts/sec). Users can add premium features onto the very same platform for even greater versatility.
- Productive: Leica ScanStation C5 can be used for fast, full dome scans – under 4 minutes for a typical room. It also conducts general 360º and focused area scans fast, can be quickly setup & moved, lets users locate targets, register & geo-reference fast, and lets users quickly check scan results. Users can also add premium features for even greater productivity.
- More Cost Savings: In addition to ScanStation C5’s low, entry-level price point, it’s easy to learn, with a total station-like interface and intuitive, onboard graphic color touch screen display. It’s also incrementally upgradeable over time, uses standard total station batteries, and its cable-free design features fewer accessories – all contributing to an even lower cost of ownership.
Valuable built-in features
- Familiar, total station-like interface: Leica ScanStation C5 supports standard laser scanning workflows with a rich, familiar total station interface and easy to learn touch screen operation.
- Integrated real-time streaming video with zoom: For fast, accurate selection of the scene and targets to be scanned. As an add-on option, the auto-adjusting, internal, high-resolution camera image can also be used for texture mapping of point clouds.
- Smart X-Mirror™ design: The mirror automatically spins for fast 360º and full dome scans and oscillates for efficient, targeted scans. The same Smart X-Mirror automatically aligns the internal digital camera.
- Compatibility with standard surveying equipment: Attach handles with Leica GPS SmartAntenna or prism holder, or use without handle for unobstructed overhead scans. A built-in laser plummet and tribrach mount provide added compatibility with standard field procedures and accessories.